Prediction of potential restriction sites

bochet at bobby.iaf.cnrs-gif.fr bochet at bobby.iaf.cnrs-gif.fr
Mon Mar 13 10:12:10 EST 1995

In article <3jt0ph$93m at pegasus.rutgers.edu>, volkov at pegasus.rutgers.edu
(Alexander Volkov) writes:
> Hello,
> Does anybody know a good program to predict restriction sites, that
> can be introduced into dna without changing protein sequence (silent
> mutations). I have been using GMAP$ by Raghava (one of summer ussues
> of Biotechniques, and pub/sortware/dos/ at EMBL server 192.54.41.33),
> but it seems to have a very fat bug in the heart of the
> search algorithm, that brings value of the predictions close to zero.
> There are several algorithms published, but I could
> not find any other working programs. If anybody knows anything about
> this stuff, please let me know. Thanks for any information.
> 		Alex Volkov
> 		Rutgers University

All the map programes from GCG with do it if you give them the /silent
(on VMS) option. They will consider the reading frame starting with the first
base of your sequence.

          Pascal  Bochet     | internet: bochet at bobby.iaf.cnrs-gif.fr
  Institut Alfred Fessard    |
              CNRS           | TEL:      33 1 69 82 34 40
  91198 Gif sur Yvette Cedex | FAX:      33 1 69 82 43 43
             France          |