NIH Image for Windows

Duncan Clark Duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Fri Mar 17 10:12:47 EST 1995

In article: <433585900wnr at genesys.demon.co.uk>  Duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk (Duncan Clark) writes:

> OK having retrieved NIH Image 1.55 how does one extract a .hqx file.
> I'm used to zip, arc, boo etc but this is a new one.

It helps if one reads the docs with the emulator! The Bixhex program with the
emulator unpackages Image OK providing one ftp's the NIH file as an ascii file. I
originally pulled it as a binary file 'cos that's what one does for PC files.
Mistake! It only wants to unpackage as an ascii file. Runs fine on a 66Mhz 486
with 16Mb and the v1.99k emulator. I'll register the emulator so I get more ]
than 10 mins. use.

Duncan