Win95 references prog: excellent!

K.D. James mbkdj at s-crim1.dl.ac.uk
Mon Nov 20 11:06:23 EST 1995

BIOCHEMISTRY.COM (jquinn at shellx.best.com) wrote:
: My thanks to all who took the trouble to answer my previous question
: about a good windows95 program for references. The best one that I have
: had a chance to check out has been from Tim Cutts, who has produced the
: excellent 'REFS' program. The Win95 version ( a beta version) of his Win
: 3.1 version, is not crippled in any way, but becomes 'knagware' after 30
: days. He has priced it at $55, and it's worth every penny. You can check
: Tim's page on the REFS program at:

: http://chiark.chu.cam.ac.uk:81/refs/refs.html

 	After following this thread I got myself a copy of Refs for '95
and have to say that I agree wholeheartedly with the above. I have a
question though, for any UK users of this package (probably applies to
the Win 3 version too)... how to get the import from BIDS format to work
properly. I've been saving searches in full downloading format, e-mailing
them to myself, saving the mail from pine on our Unix host, then bringing
the saved file across via our Windows network. So far I've not been able
to get Refs to recognise it as a BIDS download.
	Having RTFM I notice that it refers to .isi format, yet I've never
seen an option to specify that when doing a download on BIDS. The solution
is probably trivial, but I can't seem to see it. Any ideas?
	TIA.
Keith James