Evaluation of restriction sites

Karthi Rama ramacha at ccu.umanitoba.ca
Thu Nov 23 13:49:15 EST 1995

Hi,
I think there is a prog that will do that. It is called silent mutation. It
is a DOS freeware and is available from the OAK and WUARCHIVE ftp archives.

Hope this helps....good Luck.

Karthi. R
ramacha at ccu.umanitoba.ca

In article <48sku3$815 at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>,
   jpleiss at TEBIO1.BIOLOGIE.UNI-STUTTGART.DE (Juergen Pleiss) wrote:
##Dear colleagues,
##is there any programm available for the generation of restriction sites in
##a given nucleotide sequence? I have to introduce several restriction sites
##in a nucleotide sequence by changing the codon usage without altering
##the amino acid sequence. Introducing these sites by hand is a very tediuos
##work. So, I would like to know if someone knows a computer program doing
##this work.
##Thank you,
##Juergen
##
======
##
##Dr.Juergen Pleiss
##Institute of Technical Biochemistry
##University of Stuttgart
Email:jpleiss at tebio1.biologie.uni-stuttgart.de
##Allmandring 31                    Phone:(+49)-711-685-3191
##D-70569 Stuttgart, Germany        Fax:  (+49)-711-685-3196
##