Sequence Editors and genetic Distance Calculators

Adam Liedloff a.liedloff at qut.edu.au
Sun Oct 1 21:36:41 EST 1995

Hi all,

Recently we were asked to develop a user friendly (Windows based) program
to manipulate nucleotide sequences and calculate genetic distance
measures, such as Nst and Gst.

Our project has grown and we are now looking at developing the program
further. We are going to include Fst and Nei's genetic distance as well
as base frequencies, transition/transversion ratios, amino acid sequence
and longest repeated sub-sequence analysis. My question is therefore does
anyone have any suggestions for other procedures which would be useful in
such a program. We are especially interseted in graphical data display
and the methods most commonly used.

Any input would be appreciated, please email p.mayes at qut.edu.au

Thanks.