postscript files

Ingrid Jakobsen ingrid at helios.anu.edu.au
Wed Oct 18 23:36:09 EST 1995

In article <1995Oct10.220007.1 at sask.usask.ca>, matte at sask.usask.ca writes:
> Dear All,
> 	I am trying to manipulate postscript/encapsulated postscript
> files. First, are they one in the same thing ? Are their different
> flavours of postscript files ? Most importantly, is there software
> available to convert between one and the other ? I have seen Highjack
> for Windows, for example, but I don't think it will preform this particular
> type of conversion.

Encapsulated postscript (eps) is basically a stricter subset of postscript.
This means that anything in eps does not need to be converted. The other
way is more of a problem. Eps requires that the item is a single page or
part thereof, that you know the size the item takes up on the page, and
that certain postscript commands are not used. So for example, a
multi-page document cannot be converted toeps, and no converting software
will help.

For fuller details, I recommend the comp.lang.postscript FAQ.

Cheers,
Ingrid

Ingrid Jakobsen at anu.edu.au
Human Genetics Group