principal component analysis for large databases?

Warren L. Kovach WarrenK at kovcomp.demon.co.uk
Fri Oct 20 02:38:43 EST 1995

Vancoppenolle at bota.ucl.ac.be (Benoit Van Coppenolle) wrote:

>Dear Netters,

>I am looking for infos concerning any statistical software (shareware
>hopefully) doing principal component analysis (PCA).
>I would be very happy if anyone could tell me what software to use in order
>to analyze square matrix with more than 190 rows and columns.
>Thanks for your help.

My shareware program MVSP will calculate PCA on matrices up to 750x750
(given adequate memory and/or disk space).  It runs under DOS.

You can get more information and a shareware copy from my web pages:

http://www.compulink.co.uk/~kovcomp/

Dr. Warren L. Kovach           Internet: WarrenK at kovcomp.demon.co.uk
Kovach Computing Services               tel./fax: +44-(0)1248-450414
85 Nant-y-Felin, Pentraeth, Anglesey         CompuServe: 100016,2265
Wales LL75 8UY U.K.         WWW: http://www.compulink.co.uk/~kovcomp