VisualBasic or JavaScript for bionet users

Joseph James qtechsof at ix.netcom.com
Mon May 4 09:54:59 EST 1998

I would recommend using Visual Basic for the front-end user interface (for
rapid development) and then encapsulating your mathematical calculations and
other application-specific algorithms in DLLs or OCX controls developed with
C or C++ (or even with Visual Basic, if you are willing to sacrifice
performance and portability) which can be invoked from the Visual Basic
shell.  By encapsulating the programmatic essence of your application in
well-designed C or C++ code, you will enjoy the benefits of extreme
cross-platform portability with minimal source code adjustment, the rapid
execution speed of optimized and compiled C or C++ code, and the rendering
of your source code in an object-oriented general purpose programming
language that enjoys universal acceptance and which has become a de-facto
standard for scientific software engineering.

Joseph James

Please visit  http://www.angelfire.com/biz/qtechsoftware to find out more
about high quality, cost-effective scientific software and technical
documentation solutions for small to medium-sized businesses