Software for linear regression? (protein std curve)

Bioquímica someone at somewhere.world
Wed May 6 09:10:20 EST 1998

In article <354d7b62.2973062 at news.cineca.it>, lcs@>SPAMSUCKS<zen.it wrote:

> Is there a freeware software for computing linear regression on a
> standard protein curve and calculate sample concentration ?

A new macintosh software has been released to:

    - construct linear regressions
    - interpolate in the equation deduced
    - study microbiological cultures
    - calculate the kinetic constans for an enzyme reaction

Its essentials are:

Application      Lines&Kinetics
Version          1.0
Update           Mars 98
Author           M.G. Claros
Literature       Embnet.News 5, 7-9
                 http://www.ie.embnet.org/embnet.news/vol5_1/kinetics.html
Disk size        125 Kb
RAM Size         The minimum requested by HyperCard
Description      A graphic way to calculate linear regressions with normal
                   or logarithmic data, the doubling time of a microbial
culture,
                   and the kinetic parameters for an enzyme reaction.

Notes            Lines&Kinetics is a HyperCard Stack programmed in HyperTalk.
                   It requires HyperCard (Player) 2.1 or later and the Home
                   stack provided with Lines&Kinetics.
                 The describing article is include in the Home stack that
                   accompanies the program stack. Is is also available at
                   the URL cited above or from the author (a reprint)

Where now        ftp://ftp.rediris.es/software/incoming/science/
                 ftp://ftp.ens.fr/pub/molbio/
                 info-mac mirrors (info-mac/sci/)
                 Myself.

Very soon        ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/software/mac/
                 ftp://iubio.bio.indiana.edu/molbio/mac/

I hope you find it useful. In such case, please include the cited article
among your references

Manuel G. Claros
claros at uma.es
claros at cica.es