Mac - PC conversion?

Richard P. Grant spam.blocked at delete.this.cmtech.co.uk
Fri May 15 04:47:59 EST 1998

Tim Cutts wrote:
> That way you
> are less likely to have to worry about the data/resource fork business
> of the Mac filesystem.

Which actually is not a worry anyway.  If you don't believe me, take a
ibmpc-formatted disk, stick it in a Mac, copy an application to it, then run
the application from the disk - in another Mac without that application if you
want to be paranoid.  It'll be fine.  I've never lost data using ibmpc-disks
swapping things between Macs - I've even downloaded binaries from the Web,
onto an ibmpc, copied onto disk (ibmpc, obviously) and been able to get at
them on the mac with no worries.  Macs are cool, very friendly creatures, but
don't anthropomorphize them - they hate that (-; .

Richard

--
Richard P. Grant MA DPhil  | rgrant at  cmtech.co.uk
Senior R&D Scientist       | work: http://www.cmtech.co.uk/