GCG Format

Peter Rice pmr at sanger.ac.uk
Mon May 18 03:20:09 EST 1998

Ketchup*REMOVE*@concentric.net (ketchup) writes:

> Jennifer Hallinan <jsh at forbio.com.au> wrote:
> >Can anyone tell me how to compute the checksum in the header of a GCG
> >format DNA sequence file?

... lines of code deleted ...

>   /* this table is designed as a cheap way to perform toupper() */

This comment, and parts (but not all) of the code that surround it,
look suspiciously like a derivative of GCG's own code.

Whatever package this came from should make sure that is uses no lines
of GCG code. That also means avoiding "GCG architecture, style, naming
conventions, and, most importantly, GCG calls" if it is distributed
outside of the site where it was written.

Peter Rice                | Informatics Division, The Sanger Centre,
E-mail: pmr at sanger.ac.uk  | Wellcome Trust Genome Campus,
Tel: (44) 1223 494967     | Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SA, England
Fax: (44) 1223 494919     | URL: http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/pmr/