TIGR Assembler under Linux

Dr. Rob Miller rmiller at sanbi.ac.za
Fri May 22 08:14:20 EST 1998

Hi Duncan,

This won't be very helpful, but the version I grabbed on 18 Mar compiles
and runs without hassles on my Debian Linux 1.3.1r6 install.

>Linux (which is working fine) on a Pentium box but on trying to compile
>the program with Make it is failing to compile with the following error:
>
>',needed by 'asmg.o'. Stop.get 'mat_decs.h.

This is a pretty weird error message, but looks like some standard library
is perhaps missing or not located for the linking step ?

Mine sayeth:

jam:~/wrk/bt/extern/TIGRasm> make
cc -O   -c asmg.c -o asmg.o
cc -O   -c quad_store.c -o quad_store.o
cc -O   -c align.c -o align.o
cc -O   -c checksum.c -o checksum.o
cc -o asmg asmg.o quad_store.o align.o checksum.o
jam:~/wrk/bt/extern/TIGRasm>

Maybe try
`ldconfig' (as root) and have a glance at /etc/ld.so.conf, but I'd think \
that would all be functional after a default install.  See if you can
compile/link/run some other C program like `hello, world':

#include <stdio.h>
main() {
 printf("hello, world\n");
}

If that won't work, TIGRasm probably won't either.

                                                      rob.

--
Rob            rmiller@                South African National
Miller         sanbi.ac.za           Bioinformatics Institute