TIGR Assembler under Linux

Dr. Duncan Clark duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Sun May 24 05:26:23 EST 1998

In article <slrn6mast8.1ob.aiyar at ebv.oncology.wisc.edu>, Ashok Aiyar
<aiyar at ebv.oncology.wisc.edu> writes
>You might be interested in knowing that TIGR_assembler also compiles
>and runs under Windows95/WindowsNT, using Cygwin32 - the free C/C++
>compilers for Win32, available from http://www.cygnus.com/gnu-win32

Tried this and it also falls over.

However I now have it compiling fine under Linux. I made a basic error.

I downloaded the original .tar file under Windows and Winzip recognised
it as a file it could extract. I extracted it and it looks perfect. At
this stage I hadn't appreciated (as Linux newbie) that I could easily
extract the .tar file under Linux. Anyway I copied the Winzip extracted
files from a floppy to Linux and tried to compile, generating the error
I posted.

Having now extracted the files using tar in Linux they compile
perfectly. Winzip help files say very clearly that it will handle .tar
files but it must be adding or removing something in the process of
unpackaging the files.

Thanks for all your help, suggestions and binaries.

One final question. How do you mount a dos partition ie Linux is on
/dev/hda2 and my DOS c: Partition is on /dev/hda1. I'll be damned if I
can get the right syntax to mount c: as readable under Linux. Given that
my 6Mb contig file is on c: it would help!

Thanks again

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark