TIGR Assembler under Linux

Ashok Aiyar aiyar at ebv.oncology.wisc.edu
Fri May 22 07:46:32 EST 1998

On Fri, 22 May 1998 09:43:54 +0100,
Dr. Duncan Clark (duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk) wrote:

>Is anyone out there running the TIGR contig assembler program, TIGR
>Assembler (ftp://ftp.tigr.org/pub/software/TIGR_assembler - newest
>version) under Linux?

I prefer using Phil Green's PHRAP for contig assembly, but I have
used TIGR_assembler as well.

The May 1997 version, which I think is the most recent, compiles
and runs without error under Linux.  If you would like, I can
provide you with a linux binary of asmg.

You might be interested in knowing that TIGR_assembler also compiles
and runs under Windows95/WindowsNT, using Cygwin32 - the free C/C++
compilers for Win32, available from http://www.cygnus.com/gnu-win32

Cheers,
Ashok
--