Good programm for enzyme kinetics needed

Rodrigo Lopez rls at ebi.ac.uk
Fri May 29 04:55:37 EST 1998

HI,

Even though the programe mentioned below is for a macintosh you might find
it usefull:

Lines&Kinetics: a graphic tool to deal with linear regressions and enzyme
kinetics.
Manuel G. Claros, Francisco M. Cánovas

Laboratorio de Bioquímica y Biología Molecular, Facultad de Ciencias e
Instituto Andaluz de Biotecnología, Universidad de Málaga, 29071 Málaga,
Spain.

There is an article describing the program on embnet.news vol5, no.1. If you
want to read the article please point yur browser to
www2.ebi.ac.uk/embnet.news/ and look for vol5, no.1

Also, searching the biocatalog at the EBI
(http://www.ebi.ac.uk/biocat/biocat_ebi.html) I found:

DynaFit

AC             BC00537
NAME           DynaFit
DOMAIN         Metabolic regulation
DOMAIN         Enzyme kinetics; Equilibrium binding
SERVER         http://www.biokin.com/dynafit/index.shtml
DESCRIPTION    The main purpose of the program DynaFit is to perform
DESCRIPTION    nonlinear least-squares regression of chemical kinetic,
DESCRIPTION    enzyme kinetic, or ligand-receptor binding data.
DESCRIPTION    The experimental data can be either initial reaction
DESCRIPTION    velocities in dependence on the concentration of
DESCRIPTION    varied species (e.g., inhibitor concentration vs. velocity),
DESCRIPTION    or the reaction progress curves (e.g., time vs.
DESCRIPTION    absorbance), or the composition at equilibrium in dependence
DESCRIPTION    on the total concentrations (e.g., protein-DNA complex
DESCRIPTION    concentration vs. total protein).
AUTHOR         Petr Kuzmic
RA             Kuzmic, P.
RT             "Program DYNAFIT for the Analysis of Enzyme Kinetic Data:
RT              Application to HIV Proteinase"
RL             Anal. Biochem. 237:260-273(1996)
ADDRESS        Petr Kuzmic, Ph.D.
ADDRESS        B i o K i n  Consulting
ADDRESS        P.O. Box 8336
ADDRESS        Madison, WI 53708
ADDRESS        U.S.A.
CONTACT        Petr Kuzmic : pkuzmic at biokin.com
SITE           WWW Server at URL http://www.biokin.com/dynafit/index.shtml
OS             DOS, Windows-95/NT, Macintosh, Unix (IRIX,AIX,OSF)
LANGUAGE       Fortran
VOLUME         2 MB
REQUIRES       Fast processor (100 MHz), Intel or PowerPC for desktop
platforms
COMMENTS       The program is distributed with many example problems.

Georg Lipps wrote in message <35657d1d.21185396 at newsserv.uni-bayreuth.de>...
>Hello everybody,
>
>I' m looking for a software (free or shareware) to calculate enzyme
>kinetics (Km, Ki, Hill plot, etc.). Does anybody knows a good Windows
>based programm which performs these calculations.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Georg Lipps
>
>P.S.: Please email directly as well, thanks.

begin 666 Rodrigo Lopez.vcf
M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I..DQO<&5Z.U)O9')I9V\-"D9.
M.E)O9')I9V\@3&]P97H-"D5-04E,.U!2148[24Y415).150Z<FQS0&5B:2YA
G8RYU:PT*4D56.C$Y.3 at P-3(Y5# Y-34S-EH-"D5.1#I60T%21 T*
`
end