Software for stability of secondary structure

Dr. Greg Quinn greg at franklin.burnham-inst.org
Thu Oct 22 17:35:57 EST 1998

Vladimir Svetlov (svetlov at oncology.wisc.edu) wrote:
: In article <362F4BB8.2A6D4991 at pitt.edu>, rdudley+ at pitt.edu wrote:
:
: > The web is littered with software that will analyze a protein sequence
: > and return the *probability* that a certain sequence is of a certain
: > structure.
:
: Before anyone considers assisting the author of this arrogant and
: disrespectfull request I'd like to remind everybody that comparing the work
: of underpaid designers and maintainers of such useful predictors as PHD and
: AGADIR to a litter should not qualify the author for continual intellectual
: handouts from the virtual scientific community. Decide for yourself if you
: want to lecture him on the basics of protein chemistry or on proper manners
: of academic communications.

Vladimir
I think you're being over-sensitive; the term 'littered' is simply used here to mean
'frequently found', unless I've missed some kind of subtext.