Software for stability of secondary structure

Vladimir Svetlov svetlov at oncology.wisc.edu
Thu Oct 22 18:04:41 EST 1998

In article <362F4BB8.2A6D4991 at pitt.edu>, rdudley+ at pitt.edu wrote:

> The web is littered with software that will analyze a protein sequence
> and return the *probability* that a certain sequence is of a certain
> structure.

Before anyone considers assisting the author of this arrogant and
disrespectfull request I'd like to remind everybody that comparing the work
of underpaid designers and maintainers of such useful predictors as PHD and
AGADIR to a litter should not qualify the author for continual intellectual
handouts from the virtual scientific community. Decide for yourself if you
want to lecture him on the basics of protein chemistry or on proper manners
of academic communications.

Regards,
V.