[Bio-software] Software to display genetic and geographical relationships - any suggestions?

Vince Mulholland via bio-soft%40net.bio.net (by Vince.Mulholland from sasa.gsi.gov.uk)
Thu Sep 17 04:13:07 EST 2009

Hi,

I have some viral sequences from around the world. When I construct
dendrograms they suggest a geographical relationship in the clustering
of the sequences. Is there any software I can use which could
simultaneously analyse genetic distances AND geographical distances to
represent the clustering I can see. I had thought of principal
co-ordinate analysis (PCA), but if there is something out there designed
to do this sort of thing that would be better.

Any suggestions (including how I could do a PCA on these data) would be
gratefully received.

Vince

Vincent Mulholland
Science and Advice for Scottish Agriculture (SASA)

SASA is a Division of the Scottish Government Rural Payments and
Inspections Directorate

Correspondents should note that all communications to or from SASA (Science and Advice for Scottish Agriculture – a Division of the Rural Payments and Inspections Directorate of the Scottish Government) may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for lawful purposes.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service. On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus-free.