[Bio-software] Professional development through distance learning

Heather Vincent via bio-soft%40net.bio.net (by Heather.Vincent from manchester.ac.uk)
Mon Sep 21 01:30:42 EST 2009

At the University of Manchester, UK, we have over 10 years experience in
providing advanced, multidisciplinary, training to participants from a
range of backgrounds, including Biology, Healthcare, Medicine and
Computer Science.  These courses are designed to enable biologists and
computer scientists to update their skills while remaining in the
workplace. Our distance courses are also very suitable for home study,
helping you to keep in touch with a research environment while taking a
career break.

The courses beginning on 5 October 2009 include:
- Introduction to Bioinformatics
- Bioinformatics for Systems Biology
- Introduction to software development in Java
- Theory and Applications in Bioinformatics

You will find further information, including fees and a link to the
online application form, here:
http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/index.html If you have any
questions, or need advice on the module options, please contact
Heather.Vincent from manchester.ac.uk