[Bio-software] Distance learning courses using R

Heather Vincent via bio-soft%40net.bio.net (by Heather.Vincent from manchester.ac.uk)
Fri Dec 30 03:46:53 EST 2011

Members of this group might be interested in one or more of the online
courses offered by the University of Manchester, UK.  The courses can be
taken as individual units, or for credits towards a Masters degree.

http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/qualifications/index.html

The courses running next semester, from March 2012, include :

Mathematics for metabolic modelling
and
Bioinformatics for transcriptomics

http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/modules/index.html

'Mathematics for metabolic modelling' is a practical course, designed to
help biologists to understand mathematical approaches to modelling
biological systems. It is intended to prepare people for our more
advanced course in computational systems biology, which will run again
in October 2012.  Students are introduced to R, which is then used for
the practical exercises.

In 'Bioinformatics for transcriptomics' course participants learn
to use Bioconductor for the practical work.

For further information, please visit our programme website :
http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/index.html

If you have any questions, or would like advice on the options, please
contact the office for Advanced Professional Education (ape from cs.man.ac.uk).