We are having problems with various types of "slime" on our worm plates, which
we believe is bacterial contamination. It causes the worms to burrow, making
scoring and crosses difficult to impossible. Does anyone know of any solution
to this problem? We have tried the bleach/NaOH treatment recommended in
the worm book, with marginal success. It helps, but the worms come back. We
have also tried plates with 200 microgram/ml streptomycin with no luck. Has
anyone tried other antibiotics against these creatures? Does anyone know
of any other solution to this problem?