IUBio GIL .. BIOSCI/Bionet News .. Biosequences .. Software .. FTP

water potential measurement

Evan DeLucia delucia at uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 13 14:15:34 EST 1997

I've inherited a rather strange device that I think is called a
'pressure membrane apparatus'.  It looks like a heavy-duty hydraulic
jack with a platform on top.  A leaf is inserted in this platform (the
top of the platform has a window) and pressure is applied to the entire
leaf by pumping the jack until water is expressed from the leaf.
Has anyone used this device?  Are comparisons between this machine and
the traditional pressure chamber published?  What's it called???

More information about the Ecophys mailing list

Send comments to us at archive@iubioarchive.bio.net