Plant sGFP expression

Alvar Carlson ACARLSON at CROP.UOGUELPH.CA
Mon Apr 14 09:18:51 EST 1997

Hello

    I am attempting to use sGFP to visually select transgenic barley.
I am concerned that the accumulation of the GFP in the nucleus will
be detrimental to the development of transgenic plants.  Has anyone
observed reduced transformation efficiency in plants when using GFP
or reduced fertility in any of the transgenic plants generated?
Furthermore, has anyone found that modified GFP, to exclude it from
the nucleus, increases the transformation efficiency?

Alvar Carlson
University of Guelph