GFP expression in E. coli

Guy Tremblay tremblgu at medcn.umontreal.ca
Sun Apr 20 10:10:05 EST 1997

Hi,

I am interested in having an E. coli strain transduced with the GFP in
the chromosome. Anybody has this?

Also, I would like to know if anybody has problems transforming GFP into
E. coli, on the pGFP plasmid. One student in our lab said he was only
able to transform it into E.coli when he grew the bacteria on low salt
agars. That surprises me and I'm curious if someone else encounters this
problem.

Any hints on GFP expression in E. coli is welcomed anyways. Thanks in
advance and have a nice day,

Guy Tremblay
tremblgu at medcn.umontreal.ca