International GFP Symposium

Daniel Gonzalez meton at rci.rutgers.edu
Wed Apr 30 18:49:27 EST 1997

The International Green-Fluorescent Protein Symposium

Call for speakers

The Center for Research and Education in Bioluminescence (CREBB), a component of Rutgers University Cook College Campus, in conjunction with the Cook College Office of Continuing Professional Education, is holding an international symposium on Green-Fluorescent Protein, October 18-22, 1997 in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.  Principals interested in presenting an oral presentation should contact CREBB by e-mail at meton at rci.rutgers.edu (Daniel Gonzalez).  I will send those interested a calender of events that will be presented at the symposium.  All facets of GFP biochemistry and applications will be discussed.  Please include your regular (snail) mail for more detailed information as it becomes available.

We have already 18 notables involved in  GFP research who have volunteered to speak.  Important and groundbreaking work in the field will be presented as well as a retrospective of the history of GFP and its use as a marker for gene expression.

We are still seeking attendees, and suggestions for topics, as we are still in the planning stages.  Additional announcements will follow and soon we will have a web site up.  A registration packet will be produced and sent to those on our mailing lists.  The symposia will be coordinated by Dr. William W. Ward, director of CREBB and Rutgers University Professor, who has been involved in GFP research for the last twenty years and will be attended by the leading researchers in the field.