quantifying GFP

Neva Morales nmorales at ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU
Fri Oct 17 13:53:04 EST 1997

HI Todd,

There is a wonderful article that was published in the the journal of
microscopy several months ago (I'm sorry I can't remember the volume,
date, etc. but if you go to the www and search for clontech, they have a
section specifically for new gfp papers. the paper is quoted there and i
believe the author's last name is Niswender or something like that).

to quantify your samples, you might want to make a cell extract and use a
flurometer. also, someone mentioned to me that flow cytometry is another
method to quantify your gfp in culture.

i'll let you know if i come across any articles regarding "quantifying
gfp." in the meantime, good luck.

ciao,
nm