Help?

DAVIDS, L, LESTER, MR lester at uctgsh1.uct.ac.za
Fri Jul 23 08:04:07 EST 1999

Hi All,

I am currently using pEGFP-N1 as my vector of choice. I plan to
sticky-end ligate a 1.6kb gene into the MCS of this vector. I'm
wanting to know whether anyone knows if this vector has some other
selection marker besides the antibiotic resistance genes as I'm
getting 300+ colonies and it would take me well into the next
millenium to scrren them all for a positive one. If there is no other
marker, what about the idea of ligating in lacZ next to my gene into
the GFP's MCS?

Please let me know if anyone can help!

Thanx,
Lester M. Davids,M.Sc(UCT)
Lennox Eales Porphyria Laboratories
MRC/UCT Liver Research Centre
K-FLoor, Old Groote Schuur Hospital
UCT Medical School
Observatory, 7925
South Africa
Tel. 27-21-406 6519
Fax. 27-21-447 9670
:-) "Chance befalls the prepared mind" :-)