> Subject: RE: GenBank Release 141.0 Now Available
> Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 07:29:07 -0400
> Thread-Topic: GenBank Release 141.0 Now Available
> thread-index: AcQqa3GdHe2q9ATVQMm/6x604ICmhABFeNTM
> From: "Roels, Steven" <Steven.Roels at mpi.com>
> To: "Mark Cavanaugh" <cavanaug at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov>, <genbank at net.bio.net>
>> Hi Mark, Regarding the two missing index files for GenBank 141.0:
>>Will they be release in a few days, or are they simply not going to be
>released this time around? Thanks, -Steve
Neither of these files will be available for GenBank 141.0
We generate them from the 'replicant' side of our database system,
to which dataflow is suspended during release generation.
(This means that we are working from a static dataset, guaranteed to
Unfortunately, Entrez uses that same replicant side. So when we try
to fix an unexpected problem (one day for the change, then another
day and a half to redump data), we begin to inconvenience *many* users.
Recently processed records aren't visible to the public when replication
If we turned replication back on, resolved the problem after GB 141
had been made available, and *then* tried to generate the missing
index files... they will contain data that is *not* in GB 141 itself.
A bit of a catch-22 situation I'm afraid.
Our apologies for the inconvenience.
- GenBank newsgroup see: http://www.bio.net/hypermail/genbankb/
- GENBANKB e-mail: messages sent to genbankb at net.bio.net
- subscribe: e-mail biosci-server at net.bio.net with: subscribe genbankb
- unsub: e-mail biosci-server at net.bio.net with: unsubscribe genbankb
- GenBank on the WWW, see: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Genbank/
- problems with GENBANKB? E-mail moderator: francis at bioinformatics.ubc.ca