[Genbank-bb] GenBank 204.0 Close-Of-Data

Cavanaugh, Mark (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [E] via genbankb%40net.bio.net (by cavanaug from ncbi.nlm.nih.gov)
Sat Oct 18 14:11:28 EST 2014

Greetings GenBank Users,

Close-of-data for the upcoming GenBank Release 204.0 occurred
Saturday October 18, at approximately 1:30am EDT.

The subsequently generated GenBank Incremental Update files
nc1018.aso, nc1018.flat, etc. contain data through the close.

Note: Release processing often does not begin until sometime during
business hours on the close date. As a result, a number of sequence
records processed *after* 1:30am are likely to be present in the
GenBank 204.0 release files, even though they are "post-close" .

Similarly, the first GenBank Incremental Update generated after
the close date is likely to contain a number of sequence records
that are unchanged, compared to their appearance in the release
files.

Our apologies for the lack of advance notice about the close date.

We hope to make the release 204.0 data files available by Tuesday
October 21st. We're running a bit behind schedule (with the close-date
three days later than the nominal release delivery date of the 15th)
this month, and also apologize for that inconvenience.

Mark Cavanaugh
GenBank
NCBI/NLM/NIH/HHS