Fuc-Threonine (was (none))

Iain Wilson WILSON at edv1.boku.ac.at
Mon Feb 27 04:28:54 EST 1995

>To: glycosci at net.bio.net
>From: mnaldret at Natick-EMH2.Army.Mil ("Michael J. Naldrett X 5360")
>Subject: (none)
>

>Does anyone out there know of a source of O-fucosyl threonine.?
>I am trying to confirm the presence or absence of this residue in a
>protein I am currently sequencing on a gas-phase protein sequencer
>(Model Porton PI2000).

Are you wanting an authentic standard or just a protein which
contains Fuc-Thr? Harris et al (Biochemistry 1991, vol. 30 pp.
2311-2314) use MS for identification of Fuc-Thr in tissue plasminogen
activator. But perhaps you already know this reference. Maybe
you'll have to get a friendly chemist to make Fuc-Thr for you!

Iain

Iain Wilson                        Institut fuer Chemie
Tel: 43-1-47654-6065               Universitaet fuer Bodenkultur
Fax: 43-1-310-5176                 Gregor-Mendel-Strasse 33
E-mail: wilson at edv1.boku.ac.at     A-1180, WIEN, Austria

http://www-bprc.mps.ohio-state.edu/cgi-bin/hpp/iain_wilson.html