The 'Guide to Cloned Glycosyltransferases' has been revised and is now also
served from a US mirror site. In the UK, the guide is served from:
- file split into three parts
- new section giving a selection of prokaryotic glycosyltransferases
- new section on proteins required for GPI biosynthesis
- new section on sulphotransferases (stretching the term glycosyltransferase!)
- some new Swissprot and EMBL database entries added in other sections
- two database URLs pointing to the wrong protein corrected!
- mirror site at: http://wolf.gsu.edu/TGN/Iain_Wilson/glycosyltransferase.html
Many thanks to Laura Morris at Georgia State University for setting up this
Note: that at present both the US and UK addresses serve files with links to
the EMBL database at the European Bioinformatics Institute in the UK
(http://www.ebi.ac.uk/) as well as the Expasy server in Switzerland for
Swissprot entries (http://expasy.hcuge.ch/). Sometime I will change the EMBL
database links in the US version to point to the NCBI server
(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/). If anyone in Japan or Australia would like to
mirror the Glycosyltransferase Guide on the WWW, please get in contact with
PLEASE keep on sending corrections and additions.
If your sequence of a glycosyltransferase is not included, let me know the
journal reference and Genbank/EMBL/DDBJ accession number.
Also new references to add to the Glycosyltransferase Bibliography would be
Finally: If anyone out there thinks it is time to get a list together of
glycosyltransferases that lack EC enzyme numbers, then perhaps a group of
us should discuss this.
Iain Wilson Institut für Chemie
Tel: 43-1-47654-6065 Universität für Bodenkultur
Fax: 43-1-310-5176 Gregor-Mendelstrasse 33
E-mail: wilson at edv1.boku.ac.at A-1180, WIEN, Austria