DEADLINE APPROACHING FAST!!! APPLY TODAY!
2014 MBI Undergraduate Summer Research Program
(June 2 - August 15, 2014)
This program introduces students to exciting new areas of mathematical biology and involves them in collaborative research with their peers and faculty mentors. For full consideration, completed applications must be received by Monday, January 27, 2014. The program consists of three parts:
* Two-week Introduction (June 2-13, 2014): Tutorials, computer labs, and team efforts designed to introduce students to a variety of topics in mathematical biology. Applications for the TWO-WEEK INTRODUCTION ONLY will be due in April.
* Eight week REU Program (June 16 - August 8, 2014): An individualized research experience as part of a research team at a participating institution. There are 14 projects to choose from.
* Capstone Conference (August 11-15, 2014): A student centered conference featuring talks and posters by student researchers in math biology, keynotes by prominent math biologists, and a graduate studies recruitment fair. Applications for CAPSTONE CONFERENCE ONLY will be due in June.
Apply for the REU program at: https://visitor.mbi.ohio-state.edu/events.html?id=754
A complete application will require:
* Two letters of reference
* A ranked list of the three projects that you want to participate in (see above)
* A statement indicating your reasons for wanting to participate in this program
For full consideration, completed applications must be received by Monday, January 27, 2014.
Mathematical Biosciences Institute
The Ohio State University
Jennings Hall 3rd Floor
1735 Neil Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210
MBI receives major funding from the National Science Foundation Division of Mathematical Sciences and is supported by The Ohio State University. MBI adheres to the AA/EOE guidelines