IUBio GIL .. BIOSCI/Bionet News .. Biosequences .. Software .. FTP


J-F Magnaval magnaval at cict.fr
Wed Aug 28 09:23:17 EST 1996

Jang Ho Park wrote:
> Can someone with the information on treating tapeworm, pinworm,
> roundworms, etc... tell me what kind of a medical specialist a person
> infected would have to see?  What are some of the clues one can find
> to conclude that the person is infected with a parasite?

Drugs for tapeworms: niclosamine and praziquantel; pinworms: pyrantel 
pamoate, albendazole, mebendazole.
The best way for a patient possibly infected by parasites will be to 
attend a consultation in an Infectious Diseases Dept, or in a Dept 
specialized in Parasitology, if available.
Helminthic (namely, worms) parasites often are suspected due to a blood 
hypereoesinophilia, but there are many, many, others symptoms: it's 
practically a complete handbook which would be to post on the Net!!!
Jean-François Magnaval, M.D., Dr.Sc..
Lab. Parasitologie
CHU Purpan
31059 Toulouse France
Phone 33 61 77 20 12
Fax   33 61 77 23 78

More information about the Parasite mailing list

Send comments to us at archive@iubioarchive.bio.net