physical chemistry on thylakoi.

Dalibor.Stys at placebio.lu.se Dalibor.Stys at placebio.lu.se
Thu Apr 27 01:08:44 EST 1995

Dear netters,

I am interested in the influence of individual proteins from thylakoid proteins
on ion and temperature induced changes in photosystem segregation and stacking.
My interest is mainly physico-chemical and I want to use thylakoid membranes for
studies on specific and unspecific lipid-protein and protein-protein
interactions as well as formation of membrane domains and ion-induced
interactions between membrane lamellae. It seems that thylakoids from the algal
mutants are the best system which brings big amount of measurables to be
followed by various techniques but I am open to plant mutants as well. My
interest is to a big extent theoretical but I think that my experiments may
bring new light into understanding of function of membrane complexes, their
organisation and regulation.

 I do not have the experience and manpower to do genetic experiments. However, I
have acess to and experience with many spectroscopical techniques, perhaps with
exception of ESR. I am also collaborating with group of theoreticians working on
ion-membrane interactions.

I am therefore looking for collaboration with any group which will supply me
with mutants with defined modifications of thylakoid membranes. I will be glad
to make new use of the mutants people have already in shelf. I am also prepared
to put all my effort into any kind of joint grant proposal.

I am looking forward for your response

Dalibor

Dr. Dalibor Stys
Plant Cell Biology