IUBio GIL .. BIOSCI/Bionet News .. Biosequences .. Software .. FTP

positive photo tropism and guard cells

bml at icon.co.za bml at icon.co.za
Sun Jul 19 14:51:10 EST 1998

I wanted to know, i know the whole photosynthesis process basically, but i
read something about these special objects in plant cells that make it face
the light, always.  they actually make the cell longer, making the plant
heavier on one side, causing it to lean over towards the light.
what are these objects called?  i have a feeling they start with an "a"?

another thing, how do the guard cells covering the stomata open and close?

Please let me know at bml at icon.co.za

More information about the Photosyn mailing list

Send comments to us at archive@iubioarchive.bio.net