Cream software reply

exb0431 at csdvax.csd.unsw.edu.au exb0431 at csdvax.csd.unsw.edu.au
Wed Jun 8 23:40:59 EST 1994

Hi to janet, kim or kevin,gaed6043 at vax1.agriculture.queens-belfast..ac.uk
I'll tell you the aussie john dory (ie.story). We can purchase software
modules from Helena Labs in Melbourne. We had a demo the other day and
it appeasr a reasonably powerful system. Its advantage is it's modular,
so you can suit yourself as to your requirements. The base unit here is
AUD$4200. For the 1-d system (scanner plus camera)$4770, 2-d system (scanner
and camera) the DNA module (Scanner only) is $4700, the camera a sony ssc-m370
$2224 and zoom lens $715. Scanner HPIIp $2270. It can scan sequencing gels
(legal scanner amy prove better coz of length), do 1-d, 2-d, single radial
imunodiff's, counter IEF, colony counting and even elisa plates: I saw only the
1-d and DNA systems. Without hands-on the one drawback appeared to be that you
can't 'undo' something you've done to the image! New windows softare coming
later in year and can handle 600dpi printing, currently it handles 300dpi.
So in summary it's good, it's costly and oh yeah it runs on a 386 computer or
better. Cheers, good luck, i'll keep you posted -you're the only response so
far!!!!!!    :-|) Ian.