Internal ribosomal binding site, source for, revisited

Jack M. Bernstein, M.D. bernstein at wsu-id.dayton.oh.us
Tue Jun 21 12:15:01 EST 1994

In article <DAVEH-200694153255 at thunderweasel.ahabs.wisc.edu> DAVEH at MACC.WISC.EDU (Dave Hall) writes:
>From: DAVEH at MACC.WISC.EDU (Dave Hall)
>Subject: Re: Internal ribosomal binding site, source for
>Date: Mon, 20 Jun 1994 15:32:55 -0600

>In article <9406140759.AA16826 at spider.ento.csiro.au>, terryh at ento.csiro.au
>(Terry Hanzlik) wrote:

>> Hello virus netters,
>> I am looking for a source for a picornaviral internal ribosomal
>> binding site from either poliovirus or ECMV with which to make a
>>  construct.  I believe one of
>> the commercial supply houses is supplying a plasmid with this
>> element.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Terry Hanzlik, terryh at ento.csiro.au
>> CSIRO Division of Entomology
>> Box 1700
>> Canberra, ACT 2601
>> Australia

>Novagen
>597 Science Dr.
>Madison, WI 53711

>1-800-526-7319

>You want their pCITE vector

>Dave

You can also get a vector from Bernie Moss at the NIH designated pTM1. This is
a PUC vector with the EMCV IRES site downstream from a T7 promoter. There is
also a MCS downstream of the IRES. We have used this an it dramatically
increases expression with one caveat. You MUST clone into the NCO1 site and
the ATG in that site MUST be the initiation amino acid of your protein.

Please see Nature V 348:91-92, 1990

Good luck.

Jack Bernstein