I am interested in any opinions about the newly developed
non-radioactive methods for detecting DNA. At my university, nobody
uses this technique and the normal response is that radioactivity is
However, my protocol for an infectious center assay on AAV has an
average exposure time of three days on film. This technique is a
routine procedure and the idea of a nondegrading probe is a dream.
(1) How high is nonspecific background?
(2) Is there a greater cost in materials?
(3) Does anyone find improvement in decreased film exposure time?
(4) For plaque lifts, what is the level of detection?
(5) Can the hybridization temperature remain at 65C?
(6) Does anyone use it for an infectious center assay?
Thanks in Advance,
University of Florida