Online resource for Viruses/bacterias/vacines

Justin Ray Mcelhanon jmcelha at emory.edu
Fri Jun 7 03:49:14 EST 2002

Tin Cup (tincup3k at yahoo.com) wrote:
:
: I am an engineer who has started with a pharmaceutical company that is into
: vaccines. Although it is not directly related to my job but there are terms
: like viruses/bacterias and cultures that are used a lot in the meeting. I
: was wondering if there is any online resource that would provide a general
: overview of this area. Again my intention is only to get a general idea
: about the nature of business and not looking for too much detail.

     There is an online microbiology textbook at
http://gsbs.utmb.edu/microbook/toc.htm most of it is likely too detailed
for your taste, but each section has an introduction which you can look
at, and if you want to look at something in more detail, the rest of the
book is there.  Also
http://www.inweh.unu.edu/biology447/modules/intro/microbiologyglossary.htm
is a microbiology glossary, so you can look up the word cultue and
vaccine.  I'm sure some others will be able to suggest some other sites,
but hopefully these can get you started.

--
Justin McElhanon
jmcelha at emory.edu

---