Returning to School

Leslie Johnston-Dow ldow at apldbio.com
Mon Oct 3 09:27:20 EST 1994

Hello All,
I have been pondering of returning to schoolto pursue an M.D. I
finished
a Ph.D. in biochemistry 6 years ago and have been working in industry
ever
since. Although I enjoy my work, I believe that I would be more
challenged by
a career in a more clinically related area. I am thinking of applying
medical school with the final goal of clinical research and practice.
So I am asking for comments about several areas:

1) What are the issues (as you see them) for a 37 yr. old woman who
wants to go to Medical school? (I have a very supportive family)
2) Any general suggestions as to which schools might be interesting?
3) Does anyone know of any fellowships for Ph.D.'s returning for more
education?
4) Any advice of a general nature?

Thanks for your comments.
Leslie Dow