job satisfaction-query

Kimberly Seidman kjsg1131 at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 11 09:28:59 EST 1995

    I was hoping for some insight from scientists working in the biological
sciences about their job satisfaction. Are you happy with your job?  Given
a chance to start over, would you choose the same career path? What
problems have you faced trying to blend science and a family?  What advice
would you offer a fledgling scientist just starting out?
    I will graduate in a year or so, and I would also like to know the pros
and cons of work in industry vs. academia.

Thank you!

Kimberly Seidman
Department of Cell and Structural Biology
506 Morrill Hall, MC-123
University of Illinois
Urbana, IL 61801
(217) 352-2026