bjford: who he? why?

Julia A. Keith Julia.A.Keith at DARTMOUTH.EDU
Sat Jan 28 11:30:06 EST 1995

Janet said:
I am presuming that troublemakers on the bulletin board will be exorcised
by several ways....having the group ignor them; sufficient flames; moderator
(if there is one) intervention.

I agree-if someone want to make tangential comments, let them.  If their views
are different, we need to hear them also.  If they are rude, disruptive, etc,
ignoring them or responding directly to them instead  of through the network is
control enough.  In my opinion, I'd rather have a few rouges on the group than
stifle exchange in the name of homogeneity.

Julie Keith
Lowly grad student
Dartmouth College