X-PLOR on Linux (g77 0.5.18) anyone ?

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at bio5.chemie.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jun 7 02:05:46 EST 1996

Has anyone out there implemented X-PLOR 3.1 under LINUX using the
latest g77 compiler 0.5.18 ?
I tried to compile with g77 instead of the proposed fort77. There was
only one change I had to make in the source code: specifying EXTERNAL
SYSTEM in sytask.f. But if I want to run xplor.exe it gives a core
dump imediately.

Any suggestions? Should I stick to fort77 (f2c/gcc) ?

How does a well equipped Pentium system compares to some commonly used
workstations (e.g. RS6000 or INDIGO2)? Is there an up-to-date
benchmark list on the net?

Thanks

Clemens

* Clemens Vonrhein   email vonrhein at bio5.chemie.uni-freiburg.de           *
*                    WWW   http://bio5.chemie.uni-freiburg.de/~vonrhein/  *
*         Institut f. Org. Chemie u. Biochemie                            *
*         Albertstr.21                                                    *
* D-79104 Freiburg i.Br. (Germany)                                        *
*  Tel.: 761/203-6061   FAX: 761/203-5987                                 *